Do you own an RV and enjoy going on adventures? The Cape May-Lewes Ferry is an easy way to get from New Jersey to Delaware (or vice versa), while relaxing across the Delaware Bay. You may be thinking, “there is no way my big RV is going to fit on the ferry!” The good news is that we can accommodate almost any size motor home or trailer onto our vessels. Everyday, we see all different shapes and sizes of recreational vehicles come aboard our vessels. Whether you have a Class A motor home or a fifth wheel trailer, we have space for you!
After extended time on the road, the ferry is a great way to unwind, relax and leave the navigation to us. You get a chance to stretch your legs, breathe in the fresh bay breeze, and (hopefully!) see some wildlife as you cross the Delaware Bay!
Before sailing with us, here are a few tips to make the ferry experience as easy as possible:
- Reservations are highly recommended because each ferry is 2,100 feet and long vehicles are generally held to 20% of the load to allow the most people to cross. So make sure to reserve your spot now!
- The height limitation – 13 feet, 6 inches
- The width limitation – 8 feet, 6 inches (generally more than enough for most RV’s, but if vehicle is wider, it can still board and we will charge for 2 spaces)
- There is no length limitation, but there are different rates for vehicles over 60’ and three different length classes for RVs ranging from 15-34’, 35-44’, and 45-59’.
- Propane Gas Restrictions – no more than 2 cylinders of propane are allowed on at a time.
- Must be safely secured to the vehicle in an upright position with valves closed and tagged.
- Propane powered refrigerators must have the thermostat control turned to the “off” position.
There are plenty of campgrounds located not far from our Cape May or Lewes Terminals! Make sure to follow these tips next time before you board onto the Cape May-Lewes Ferry to make your ferry experience a great one!